- Domestic shorthair
- Approx. 5-6 years
- Arrived 5th October, 2021
- Boarded at Rode Heath
Swoon…. Percy is so handsome, he has a lovely shiny healthy coat! Thank goodness he came into RSPCA care via an Inspector after his owner sadly died; neighbours were kindly feeding him. He has been neutered, microchipped and vaccinated. Percy is so lovely, very confident and friendly. Percy is a gorgeous happy boy, he likes your attention and strokes. He was happy from the moment he came in!
DID YOU KNOW?
In some cultures, the black cat is actually considered to be a symbol of good luck. Confusing, we know considering the myths!
- Scotland: a black cat appearing on your doorstep is a sign of prosperity
- England: in the Midlands, a black cat as a wedding present is thought to bring good luck to the bride
- France: In the south of France, black cats are referred to as ‘matagots’ or ‘magician cats’ and according to local superstition, feeding and treating them well will bring good luck to the owner.
- Northern Europe: it is believed that taking in and caring for a black cat can ensure fair weather and safe passage during voyages on the sea
- Asia: owning a black cat is considered lucky
- Italy: if you hear a black cat sneeze, you are in for a streak of good luck
Log no. 700791