Are you looking for something that makes a real difference?
Want to join a team of like-minded volunteers dedicated to helping local animals in need?
If so, then this might be just the thing for you?
- To act as principal communications trustee managing and maintaining the administrative affairs of the branch.
- To act as the main contact point for all branch communications with the national Society, the branch committee and the branch membership.
- Order and distribute RSPCA stationery, leaflets, posters and other fundraising and promotional material.
- Arrange branch meetings, usually 11 per year, there is no meeting in December, meetings generally last about 2 hours and are held on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Ensure all branch committee decisions are implemented and actions completed.
- Arrange the branch AGM Including the compilation and distribution of the annual report, nominations and agenda in line with the strict timetable laid down in the branch rules.
- Arrange the timely dissemination of the contents of all correspondence and literature received by the branch, ensuring availability to all committee members, and reply to all branch correspondence where necessary.
- Liaise with the Branch Support Specialist and group chief inspector and notify them of all branch meetings.
- Monitor the secretary email address, issue the newsletters, issue any one-off appeals.
- Basic computer skills are essential.
Some times of the year are much busier than others. For example, in April when the Annual Report needs to be done; in May when all the calling notices for the AGM need to be sent out and in June when everything needs to be prepared ready for our AGM.
Is this something that appeals to you …… or just want to know more, either: