- 6 years old
- Arrived 1st April, 2020
- Boarded at Chesterfield RSPCA Animal Centre
- I’d benefit from some basic training
- I’d prefer to be the only dog in the home
- Bright spark / I’m very clever!
- I’d prefer an adult only household
- I’m house trained and happy to be left alone for short periods
- I’ll need an experienced owner
- I love lots of fuss and attention once I get to know people
- I need to learn how to play
- I’m full of energy and will need an active owner
This is such a sad situation for Tess whose owner has terminal cancer and has been in hospital for a long time. She has been on her own in the property for a very long time with relatives visiting from Lancashire to Leeds to see to her. The situation was reported to the RSPCA. Tess is described as bombproof with people! She has not been out of the house for a long time, just visits to the garden.
Tess is a very friendly girl who loves to be with people. She can get very excited to be with you and loves lots of fuss and attention. She is also very playful and enjoys running after a ball and then doing lots of zoomies!
Tess will require some basic training from her new owner, she is very food motivated so this will help with her training. Tess can get very excited and giddy around people and will sometimes mouth in this situation or when she is stressed or worried. Tess is not overly comfortable around other dogs and can become reactive towards some other dogs on a lead. This is an area that will need careful management from her new owner.
Tess is quite unsettled at the moment in kennels, she is also a little head shy. She will need an owner who can help her feel safe and relaxed in her new home. Tess really is a joy to be around and will make a wonderful companion once settled in her new home. She is looking for an adult-only home with no other animals.
To complete the onlin application form please copy and paste this link https://chesterfield-rspca.org.uk/tess-d2020065/
Log number: 235314